Role: Account Manager
Location: Cork/Dublin/Sligo, Ireland
A successful applicant for this position will be responsible for overseeing and growing a team of Senior Fund Accountants and Fund accountants involved in the area of Fund Accounting. The individual will maintain the client relationship, take responsibility for co-ordination and allocation of the teams workload and ensure compliance with internal and external controls.
In this position you will report into the Vice President (VP) in Cork. You will work with this VP and with other Managers in connection with the performance of duties related to the administration of funds within your team.
You will have extensive experience in the Auditing or Administration of hedge funds. Experience in Irish regulated funds and Central Bank reporting would be very beneficial. You will have a proven knowledge of the fund industry and should have demonstrated experience in leading teams in a similar role. Experience working on Paxus would also be highly beneficial for this position.
- You will be responsible for the detailed review of the reconciliation and calculation of periodic (daily/weekly/monthly) net asset values of various funds, including:
- Reconciliation of investment portfolios, dividends and interest, corporate actions, and investor capital activity.
- Dealing with requests from and communicating with the investment manager and investors regarding all aspects of the accounts operation.
- Updating accounting and client relationship management systems, updating and verifying statistical information, preparing financial statements, and working with external auditors.
- You will be responsible for the oversight of fund accountants and their assigned relationships, ensuring timely and accurate NAV calculation along with any other client specific reporting requirements.
- Liaising with Investment Managers, Broker’s, Custodians and Investors on a daily basis
- Ensuring client enquiries are answered in accordance with Apex service standards on an ongoing basis
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and other requirements of the funds specifications
- Ensuring compliance with all internal deadlines for reporting and MIS
- Ensuring accurate internal revenue reporting
- Supervision and training and recruitment of accounting staff
- Ensure accurate delegation of work across your team
- Ensure effective communication with colleagues and corresponding departments
- At least 4-5 years extensive fund accounting experience including supervision/management of teams
- Experience with general ledger accounting
- Proficiency in advanced Excel functions
- Strong computers skills including Excel & Word
- Familiarity with the Paxus accounting system is a major plus
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Excellent attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- An ability to think critically and objectively
- The flexibility and willingness to work additional hours as needed
- University degree – accounting, finance, business or economics preferred (or overseas equivalent)
What you will get in return:
- A genuinely unique opportunity to be part of an expanding large global business
- Exposure to all aspects of the business, cross-jurisdiction and to working with senior management directly
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit https://theapexgroup.com/csr-policy/
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and are ready to work for a high performing organisation, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please submit your application (with your CV, cover letter and salary’s expectations) to our dedicated email address: Recruitment@apexfunds.ie
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org