Role: Account Manager – Private Equity/Hybrid
Location: Dublin/Cork/Sligo, Ireland
A successful applicant for this position will be responsible for overseeing and growing a team of Senior Fund Accountants and Fund accountants involved in the area of private equity and Hybrid Fund Accounting. The individual will maintain the client relationship, take responsibility for co-ordination and allocation of the teams workload and ensure compliance with internal and external controls.
In this position you will report into the Vice President (VP) in Cork. You will work with this VP and with other Managers in connection with the performance of duties related to the administration of funds within your team.
You should have relevant experience in the Auditing or Administration of Private Equity funds. You will have a proven knowledge of the fund industry and should have demonstrated experience in leading teams in a similar role. Experience working on Paxus would also be highly beneficial for this position.
- You will be responsible for the detailed review of the reconciliation and calculation of periodic (monthly/quarterly) net asset values of various private equity and hybrid funds, including:
- Reconciliation of investment portfolios, dividends and interest, corporate actions, and investor capital activity.
- Dealing with requests from and communicating with the investment manager and investors regarding all aspects of the accounts operation.
- Updating accounting and client relationship management systems, updating and verifying statistical information, reviewing financial statements, and working with external auditors.
- You will be responsible for the oversight of fund accountants and their assigned relationships, ensuring timely and accurate NAV calculation along with any other client specific reporting requirements.
- Review of allocations for capital events, including capital calls, distributions and equalization events
- Liaising with Investment Managers, Broker’s, Custodians and Investors on a daily basis
- Ensuring client enquiries are answered in accordance with Apex service standards on an ongoing basis
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and other requirements of the funds specifications
- Ensuring compliance with all internal deadlines for reporting and MIS
- Ensuring accurate internal revenue reporting
- Supervision and training and recruitment of accounting staff
- Ensure accurate delegation of work across your team
- Ensure effective communication with colleagues and corresponding departments
- Ensure appropriate communication to VP and escalation where appropriate
- At least 4-5 years extensive fund accounting experience including supervision/management of teams
- Experience with general ledger accounting
- Private Equity fund accounting experience, with demonstrated knowledge of fund types and life-cycle events
- Proficiency in advanced Excel functions
- Strong computers skills including Excel & Word
- Familiarity with the Paxus accounting system is a major plus
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Excellent attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- An ability to think critically and objectively
- The flexibility and willingness to work additional hours as needed
- University degree – accounting, finance, business or economics preferred (or overseas equivalent)
What you will get in return:
- A genuinely unique opportunity to be part of an expanding large global business
- Exposure to all aspects of the business, cross-jurisdiction and to working with senior management directly
The Apex Group is a global financial services provider with 3,000 staff across 40+ offices globally. We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate personnel who are unafraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do. We provide an internal training and evaluation programme that will ensure you are equipped with the right experience and qualities to work with Apex’s clients.
Life at Apex isn’t just about the work you do, it’s about embracing the culture and loving what you do. Every employee plays a part in making Apex who we are today and the more that we grow, the more important that becomes. Whatever your career path or specialism Apex ensures it rewards loyal and dedicated employees. The international nature of our business and global network of offices means that there are opportunities to broaden your life experiences and take both short-term or permanent relocation options.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit https://theapexgroup.com/csr-policy/
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and are ready to work for a high performing organisation, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please submit your application (with your CV, cover letter and salary’s expectations) to our dedicated email address: Recruitment@apexfunds.ie
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org