Job Title: Fund Accounting – Private Equity
LOCATION: Ireland (Dublin)
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: 20th September 2019
You will work directly with the Head of Private Equity in your region and with other Vice President in connection with the performance of duties related to the administration of Private Equity Funds.
You should have relevant experience in the Administration of Private Equity funds along with some managerial and leadership experience
- Management of Fund Accounting processes for Global fund clients
- Client relationship management and acting as point of contact for Fund Administration clients
- Successful take on of new fund administration mandates from New Business team
- Review income report to ensure fund revenue is reported correctly
- Assisting senior management with certain business projects outside the day-to-day administration of the Team (as required)
- Provide guidance, leadership and technical assistance in areas where it is most needed to other team members
- The individual will be responsible for the review of the calculation of monthly & quarterly valuations including but not limited to;
- Management Fee & Waterfall calculations along with approving the fund valuations prior to be released externally.
- Dealing with requests from and communicating with the investment manager and investors regarding all aspects of the accounts operation.
- Updating accounting and client relationship management systems, updating and verifying statistical information, preparing financial statements, and working with external auditors.
- Work with New Business manager to implement key operating procedures (KOP) for new transactions before first NAV of each new fund closed to ensure all necessary information in respect of the Fund available to satisfy any accounting requirements
- Working with the Managers, person will be responsible for the oversight of fund administrators and their assigned relationships.
- Responsible for the preparation and completion of the audit process for assigned relationships.
- A strong understanding of the systems used and will be responsible for the consistency and accuracy of assigned relationships.
- Reviewing Investor related documents such as Limited Partnership Agreements, Subscription Documents & Side letters.
- A good understanding of the capital call, return of capital and equalization processes.
- Analysis and Administration of potential write down of investments
- Process payments of Investor, Investment Manager and third party fees
- Assist with the training of new colleagues
- Investigating any discrepancies which may occur and achieving resolutions
- Ensure Client concerns and queries are addressed in a timely and efficient manner
- Receive and respond to Audit queries
- Ensure effective communication with colleagues and corresponding departments
Skills and Qualifications
- Extensive and proven fund accounting experience
- Experience with general ledger accounting, with demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy, analytical, technical, organisational, and problem solving skills
- Private Equity fund accounting experience
- Experience using the system Investran
- Proficiency in advanced Excel functions
- Strong computers skills including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- An ability to think critically and objectively
- Experience working with an investment management or finance-related firm preferred
- A general knowledge of the investment industry and/or fund accounting experience preferred.
- The flexibility and willingness to work additional hours as needed
- Educated to degree level (or overseas equivalent)
- An excellent communicator with strong inter-personal skills
- Focused on attention to detail with strong organisational skills
- Flexible and willing to work additional hours as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital/civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter or contact our Talent Management Team at email@example.com.