Role: Manager – Private Equity Accounting
Location: Cork/Dublin/Sligo, Ireland
A successful applicant for this position will be responsible for overseeing and growing a team of Senior Fund Accountants and Fund accountants involved in the area of Private Equity Accounting. The individual will take responsibility for co-ordination and allocation of the teams workload and ensure compliance with internal and external controls.
- Oversee the production and review of management, interim, annual and audited accounts together with related accounting activities for your team’s clients
- Ensure all work undertaken complies with the Fund’s documentation and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Ensure Accounting tasks are planned and executed in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure that all accountants are compliant with the accounting rules, regulations, policies and procedures laid down by the Company
- Correct revenue recording for your team
- Successfully manage the set up process of the accounting functions for new funds
- Build effective client relationships
- Proactive in the training, coaching and development of staff
- Regular supervision, monitoring and appraisal of individual staff
- Participate in the management of the Company by attending regular fund business and management meetings and put forward suggestions for improvement and/or change
- Ensure effective communication with colleagues and corresponding departments
- At least 5 years fund accounting experience, preferably within P.E.
- Accountancy qualification is required
- Previous Management/Supervisory experience
- Proficiency in advanced Excel functions
- Strong IT/System skills
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- An ability to think critically and objectively
What you will get in return:
- A genuinely unique opportunity to be part of an expanding large global business
- Exposure to all aspects of the business, cross-jurisdiction and to working with senior management directly
The Apex Group is a global financial services provider with 3,000 staff across 40+ offices globally. We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate personnel who are unafraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do. We provide an internal training and evaluation programme that will ensure you are equipped with the right experience and qualities to work with Apex’s clients.
Life at Apex isn’t just about the work you do, it’s about embracing the culture and loving what you do. Every employee plays a part in making Apex who we are today and the more that we grow, the more important that becomes. Whatever your career path or specialism Apex ensures it rewards loyal and dedicated employees. The international nature of our business and global network of offices means that there are opportunities to broaden your life experiences and take both short-term or permanent relocation options.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter including to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decisions are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit https://theapexgroup.com/csr-policy/
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and are ready to work for a high performing organisation, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please submit your application (with your CV, cover letter and salary’s expectations) to our dedicated email address.