Role: Senior Fund Accountant – Private Equity Accounting
Location: Cork/Dublin/Sligo, Ireland
A successful applicant for this position will provide support to the managers involved in the area of Private Equity Accounting. The individual will be required to prepare and review accounts and work alongside team managers to train junior staff and ensure full compliance with internal and external controls.
- Production and review of management, interim, annual and audited accounts together with related accounting activities for a portfolio of clients
- Ensure all work undertaken complies with the Fund’s documentation and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Promote excellent relationships with clients of the Company.
- Manage, train and develop junior team members.
- Assist with all aspects of general administration of clients.
- Assist with planning of annual audits and liaise with clients to establish timetables for the receipt of valuations and advisors reports and other relevant information.
- Control and monitor the bookkeeping process and take ownership of client ledgers.
- Preparation of carried interest and other calculations in accordance with the fund documentation.
- Ensure that the calculations and monitoring of capital adequacy of licensed entities is correct.
- Ensure effective communication with colleagues and corresponding departments.
- At least 3 years fund accounting experience, preferably within P.E.
- Accountancy qualification is preferred
- Proficiency in advanced Excel functions
- Strong IT/System skills
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- An ability to think critically and objectively
What you will get in return:
- A genuinely unique opportunity to be part of an expanding large global business
- Exposure to all aspects of the business, cross-jurisdiction and to working with senior management directly
The Apex Group is a global financial services provider with 3,000 staff across 40+ offices globally. We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate personnel who are unafraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do. We provide an internal training and evaluation programme that will ensure you are equipped with the right experience and qualities to work with Apex’s clients.
Life at Apex isn’t just about the work you do, it’s about embracing the culture and loving what you do. Every employee plays a part in making Apex who we are today and the more that we grow, the more important that becomes. Whatever your career path or specialism Apex ensures it rewards loyal and dedicated employees. The international nature of our business and global network of offices means that there are opportunities to broaden your life experiences and take both short-term or permanent relocation options.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit https://theapexgroup.com/csr-policy/
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and are ready to work for a high performing organisation, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please submit your application (with your CV, cover letter and salary’s expectations) to our dedicated email address: Recruitment@apexfunds.ie
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org