Role: Senior Fund Accountant – Fund Accounting Private Equity/Hybrid
Location: Cork/Dublin/Sligo, Ireland
A successful applicant for this position will part of a team involved in the area of private equity and Hybrid Fund Accounting.
You should have relevant experience in the Auditing or Administration of Private Equity funds. Experience working on Paxus would also be highly beneficial for this position.
- You will be responsible for the preparation/review of periodic (weekly/monthly/quarterly) net asset values of various private equity and hybrid funds, including:
- Reconciliation of investment portfolios, dividends and interest, corporate actions, and investor capital activity.
- Dealing with requests from and communicating with the investment manager and investors regarding all aspects of the accounts operation.
- Calculation and review of allocations for capital events, including capital calls, distributions and equalization events
- Liaising with Investment Managers, Broker’s, Custodians and Investors on a daily basis
- Ensuring client enquiries are answered in accordance with Apex service standards on an ongoing basis
- Reviewing daily/weekly cash transactions and activity
- Receive and respond to audit queries
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and other requirements of the funds specifications
- Releasing of Net Asset Value (NAV’s) to public bodies such as Bloomberg and Irish Stock Exchange where required
- Ensuring compliance with all internal deadlines for reporting and MIS
- Ensure effective communication with colleagues and corresponding departments
- At least 3- 4 years previous fund accounting or related industry experience with experience with general ledger accounting, with demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy, analytical, technical, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Experience with general ledger accounting
- Private Equity experience preferred, with demonstrated knowledge of fund types and life-cycle events.
- Strong computers skills including Excel & Word
- Familiarity with the Paxus accounting system is a major plus
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- An ability to think critically and objectively
- The flexibility and willingness to work additional hours as needed
- University degree – accounting, finance, business or economics preferred (or overseas equivalent)
What you will get in return:
- A genuinely unique opportunity to be part of an expanding large global business
- Exposure to all aspects of the business, cross-jurisdiction and to working with senior management directly
The Apex Group is a global financial services provider with 3,000 staff across 40+ offices globally. We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate personnel who are unafraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do. We provide an internal training and evaluation programme that will ensure you are equipped with the right experience and qualities to work with Apex’s clients.
Life at Apex isn’t just about the work you do, it’s about embracing the culture and loving what you do. Every employee plays a part in making Apex who we are today and the more that we grow, the more important that becomes. Whatever your career path or specialism Apex ensures it rewards loyal and dedicated employees. The international nature of our business and global network of offices means that there are opportunities to broaden your life experiences and take both short-term or permanent relocation options.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit https://theapexgroup.com/csr-policy/
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and are ready to work for a high performing organisation, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please submit your application (with your CV, cover letter and salary’s expectations) to our dedicated email address: Recruitment@apexfunds.ie
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com