Apex Group – Committed to raising standards.
As a global group, with employees across over 40 offices worldwide, Apex is making an impact on the asset management space. Yet the Apex Group has the power to genuinely make a positive impact on the world too.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
Our success as a group depends on our people feeling motivated by their jobs and rewarded in their careers. We know that our people are our greatest strength and to sustain our continued success, we must ensure they feel fulfilled.
On the About Us page of our website we explain our success and growth since 2003 through the following quote, “We’re all working together, that’s the secret” – Sam Walton.
We want to employ that same attitude toward ensuring that as a global team we focus our vision not only on internal business success, but also on making a positive impact on the external world and people around us too.
Working as a global team, we can do great things.
APEX CSR CHARTER
At Apex, we believe that respecting human rights and our planet is a global priority. We want to enable people and the planet to thrive through proactively utilising corporate social responsibility initiatives, driven on both a global and local level.
Through our values of We Care, We Promote Respect, We are Exceptional and We Drive Growth, we have chosen three core areas to base our sustainable development goals on. These are areas where we can have a genuine positive impact on the world around us.
Environment: Plastic Clean-up
Society: Supporting the homeless
People: Supporting underprivileged children
We aim to support these causes on a global basis, through both funding and employee participation through ‘time-in-kind’.
Always aim to be better.
- Lead by example — we understand that our leaders can help drive the right values and culture across the group.
- Work as team — we support our staff in discharging their responsibilities and bring out the best.
- Respect diversity and individuality — we respect people for who they are and work alongside each other without judgement
- Act with integrity— we always strive to live up to the highest moral and professional standards and deliver on what we promise
- Commitment to community — we believe we are all an integral part of our socio–economic environment and work to make a difference in the quality of the lives and communities around us.
- Be professional, unbiased and ethical in all our dealings and relationships and respect diversityOur ultimate goal is to conduct our business responsibly and in a way that maintains the trust and respect of our clients, regulators, investors, industry bodies and service providers. We strive to measure our impact on people, society and the planet and hold ourselves accountable. We have zero tolerance for any kind of discrimination and we believe in diversity.
- Help to improve the financial services industry’s reputationWe recognise that the traditional financial services industry does not have the best reputation for ethical standards or morals based decision making. We are committed to changing that perception and demonstrating that we want to empower social change agents. We will maintain a transparent and proactive approach and hold ourselves to the highest standards in benefiting people society and the planet.
- Innovate to improve by utilising the latest technologies to minimise our impact on the environmentThe very nature of our business enables us to minimise impacts on the environment by reporting digitally. Fund Administration, corporate secretary and the majority of our services have traditionally involved lot of paperwork. We have already deployed a “Paperless NAV” process across several offices and are continuing to roll this out on a global basis. We look for new technologies to add to and improve our business infrastructure at the same time as reducing our carbon footprint and impact on the environment.We continue to drive forward significant developments, with the ultimate aim of automating all elements of our NAV and reporting processes, further enhancing our positive environmental impact.
- Safeguard the interests of our stakeholders, clients and investors by practicing excellence in financial securityWe take the provision of a secure, reliable, and compliant reporting service in every jurisdiction very seriously. We have robust Risk, Governance and Compliance departments and place great importance on having global oversight across the Group. Adhering to regulation and protecting our clients’ interests are fundamental, not only to our success, but to maintaining integrity as a business.
- Make CSR a factor in our choice of service providers and our ability to win new businessAs part of our ongoing evaluation of service providers we conduct due diligence of their operations, procedures and values in relation to our own guiding principles and ethics, social and governance standards.We look to attract the kind of clients who also want to work with socially responsible and ethical businesses. As ESG strategies increase in popularity across the asset management space, we want to ensure that Apex is the fund administrator of choice. Delivering the most advanced ESG reporting services to ethically driven funds, and practicing what we preach through our own CSR activities and initiatives.
CSR activities at the Apex Group are performed by local Apex offices around the world. The Group provides oversight and direction for local offices to carry out these activities and sets out the values and goals on a global basis. CSR activity is prioritised at a strategic level and endorsed by the Group’s Board and Executive Committee, ensuring that the global Apex group is a purpose-orientated business delivering value to its employees, clients and local communities.
Supporting the homeless – housing, delivering food to the hungry, building shelter etc.
Supporting our people to grow with the organisation by providing opportunities, training and respecting diversity.
Supporting the clean up of our planet – we know the devastating effects plastic has on our environment and so we are supportive of efforts to reduce the impact. This includes beach clean-ups, protecting wildlife harmed by eating plastics and finding solutions to improve the health of coral reefs
In addition, Apex Group monitors and measures its environmental impact and produces an annual report to deliver analysis that demonstrates the global Group’s commitment to protecting the environment.