Role: Compliance – AML Trainee
The Apex Group is a global financial services provider with 3,000 staff across 40+ offices globally. We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do.
Every employee plays a part in making Apex who we are today and the more that we grow, the more important that becomes. Whatever your career path or specialism Apex provides a global platform to allow you to thrive.
The Position – Compliance Assistant
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with the ability to perform a variety of tasks. This is a challenging role and a great opportunity for the right person. The successful applicant for this position will have day to day responsibility for client AML data collection and managing AML reviews of client companies and individuals. The individual will report into the Compliance Manager and work closely with the Company Secretarial and Business Development teams within the Apex Corporate Services business in Dublin.
- Manage the input of data on our clients into our AML screening system
- Collation of client CDD and storing on our document management system
- Working with Compliance and risk in documenting the client risk rating
- Liaise with the Company Secretarial team with regards UBO information and sharing of information
- Work closely with the Business Development team with regards the collation of CDD information and to ensure the Risk Assessment Forms are correctly completed and the information is recorded on our systems
- Preparing management information on PEPs, SOPs and High Risk rated clients
- Support the management of the Compliance function to ensure all regulatory requirements are met
- The preparation of reports for committee and Board meetings and for group periodic reporting requirements
- The delivery of client onboarding related projects for the business
- Ensuring the anti-money laundering policies and procedures are in place and adhered to
- Updating the Compliance and Anti-Money Laundering Manuals on an on-going basis
- Monitoring regulatory developments and report any new or proposed regulation or legislation that may impact the firm or it’s clients
- To assist with daily queries and requests from the Apex Ireland senior management, operations team and clients
- To build a positive relationship and add real value to the Ireland operations
- To adhere to processes, procedures and working practices
- To gain a good working knowledge of the business in order to enhance career growth and development
- Experience in a similar role
- Broad knowledge of the compliance / AML functions preferable
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- The ability to learn
- An ability to work to and meet agreed deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills
- Strong PC skills including Word, Excel and Outlook
What you will get in return:
- A genuinely unique opportunity to be part of an expanding large global business;
- Competitive remuneration commensurate with skills and experience;
- Training and development opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit https://theapexgroup.com/csr-policy/
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and are ready to work for a high performing organisation, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please submit your application (with your CV, cover letter and salary’s expectations) to our dedicated email address: Recruitment@apexfunds.ie