Role: Fund Accounting Supervisor
Location: Cork/Dublin/Sligo, Ireland
In this role you will work directly with the Head of Client Service in your region and with other Client Service Managers in connection with the performance of duties related to the administration of funds. You should have relevant experience in the Auditing or Administration of funds along with some Supervisory/ Team Lead experience. Experience and/or knowledge of bank debt funds would be very beneficial for this role.
The Apex Group is a global financial services provider with 3,000 staff across 40+ offices globally. We look to recruit bright, articulate and numerate employees who are not afraid of a challenge and are prepared to work hard and love what they do.
Every employee plays a part in making Apex who we are today and the more that we grow, the more important that becomes. Whatever your career path or specialism Apex provides a global platform to allow you to thrive.
- The individual will be responsible for the review of the reconciliation and calculation of periodic (daily/weekly/monthly) net asset values of various funds
- Reconciling transactions related to the investment portfolios, dividends and interest, corporate actions, and investor capital activity
- Dealing with requests from and communicating with the investment manager and investors regarding all aspects of the accounts operation
- Updating accounting and client relationship management systems, updating and verifying statistical information, preparing financial statements, and working with external auditors
- Working with the Managers, you will be responsible for the oversight of fund administrators and their assigned relationships
- Responsible for the preparation and completion of the audit process for assigned relationships
- You will be responsible for the consistency and accuracy of assigned relationships
- You will be liaising with Investment Managers, Brokers, Custodians and Investors on a daily basis
- Processing of Derivatives, such as Spot/Forwards FX’s, Futures and Options
- Analysis and Administration of potential write down of investments
- Releasing of Net Asset Value (NAVs) to public bodies such as Bloomberg and Irish Stock Exchange where required
- Processing of payments of Investor, Investment Manager and third party fees
- Assist with the training of new colleagues
- Verification of trades against Investment Manager and Broker references
- Verification of pricing of all portfolio investment instruments such as Equities, Futures, Swaps and Bonds
- Processing daily cash transactions
- Cash and Asset reconciliations to Custodial Services, Broker’s and Investment Manager’s
- Investigating any discrepancies which may occur and achieving resolutions
- Ensure Client concerns and queries are addressed in a timely and efficient manner
- Receive and respond to Audit queries
- Ensure effective communication with colleagues and corresponding departments
- Extensive and proven fund accounting experience
- Experience with general ledger accounting, with demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy, analytical, technical, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in advanced Excel functions
- Experience working with an investment management or finance-related firm
- A general knowledge of the investment industry and/or fund accounting experience.
- An ability to think critically and objectively
- Educated to degree level (or overseas equivalent)
- An excellent communicator with strong inter-personal skills
- Focused on attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Flexible and willing to work additional hours as needed
What you will get in return:
- A genuinely unique opportunity to be part of an expanding large global business;
- Competitive remuneration commensurate with skills and experience;
- Training and development opportunities.
- Excellent City Centre Location
- Access to swimming pool and squash court
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit https://theapexgroup.com/csr-policy/
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and are ready to work for a high performing organisation, alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please submit your application (with your CV, cover letter and salary’s expectations) to our dedicated email address: email@example.com